Friday, August 31, 2012
Sound
I can't think today. I want to write about serenity. I want to write about how much joy I get from complete quiet. Perfect tranquility. Where you close your eyes and the soundlessness is so even and perfect your own thoughts seem out of place. The quiet has this calm, even hum like the resonance of the Universe cradling you in this sonic bath of... GOD DAMN Tejano coming from the neighbor's place. I can't fucking think. URGH. What the hell can you do to stop the noise??

In the city even when there isn't that INFERNAL RACKET, there's at least something, cars going by, children playing, sirens, dogs barking, so to keep from being teased by almost-but-not-quite-tranquility I have to always have something making noise. Computer cooling fan. AC. Ceiling fan. Music. A combination of the above. Something. Because if I can't attain complete serenity, I need white noise, in the same way a priest needs cold showers. Which is what I have right now, lots and lots of white noise. And yet still I can hear this retarded fucking bassline penetrating the hum of my window A/C unit. I'm seriously about to smash some shit up. I need aspirin.

There. Sound.
Posted by Unknown at 8/31/2012 06:49:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment