Thursday, August 30, 2012
Wish this could happen...
     Its cloudy until about 9AM so the sun doesn't wake me up.  When I do wake up, I'm still in that half groggy state in which you don't want to move but you are aware of how comfortable you are.
     She moves beside me, shifting into me, making things even more comfortable for both of us.  I focus on the sensation of her skin, how her warmth, her nearness is yet another level of comfort.
     I slip back onto sleep.
     I wake again gently as her lips touch mine.  The second kiss is a bit less gentle and a bit more passionate.  The third kiss turns into something much much more.  All actions are taken at a leisurely pace.  We are not rushed this day.
     After both parties are deeply satisfied, our collective minds turn to food.  We gather ourselves up and head out looking for a snack to refuel us.  Its about 11AM so we find a spot easily.  We sit and talk, laugh and eat.  Those on their lunch hour dance around us rushing to eat and get back but we do not join them in their steps.
     We cannot decide what to do with the rest of the day.  Much of the lunch discussion is focused on the various ideas we have but cannot come to consensuses on.  We want to get up and do something, we tell ourselves but the real purpose of the not very heated debate is to keep our butts in their chairs.
     Finally, we just head home to lounge around, reading, listening to music, and barely moving.   The nervous energy within us that we use to propel us there the day expresses itself with another set of escalated kisses.  We are more passionate this time because there is no worry of interruption.
    I lay with her in my arms, slowly petting her skin.  My mind is screaming to me that I am wasting the day, not achieving anything of value. 
    Wouldn't it be really awesome to have a day like that?     
      
Posted by HPLovecraft at 8/30/2012 01:33:00 PM ::

2 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...
Oh wow, I LOVE days like that. What is it with that annoying voice in the back of your head that cries "you aren't getting anything done!" when you spend a day this way? What could be more worthwhile than spending that intimate time with a person that you love?

I love this post, thanks :)
Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:42:00 PM  
Blogger HPLovecraft said...
Hey, thank you for the positive feedback!
Friday, August 31, 2012 5:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment