Thursday, August 30, 2012
Awe
"Jonathan?"
"Yes, Carolyn, beloved sister of mine?"
"It would be really awesome if you could stop making that noise."
"What noise would that be?"
"The one you're making with your mouth and nose, to upset me."
"I don't have the faintest idea what noise you mean."
Jonathan continues making the horrendous noise, adding in a finger twirling gesture, less than an inch from Carolyn's face.
"That noise, and that motion. Please! It would be really awesome if you would stop it!"
"Would it?"
"Yes!"
"It would be really AWESOME, would it?
"Yes, PLEASE!"
"As in, inspiring absolute AWE?"
"Sure, fine, whatever!"
"I am myself amazed that I have the capacity to be awe-inspiring, sweet sibling!"
"Jonathan! Please stop it!"
"Why, dear sister! I am capable of inspiring awe! Why should I st-"
Carolyn grabs Jonathan's finger and there is an audible crack. The other noises stop. Eventually a very quiet whimper is heard.
"Thank you, Jonathan."
Posted by Jess at 8/30/2012 01:31:00 AM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment