Monday, January 24, 2005
Coming home to the kitten
Willow greets me when I come home. She runs up to the door, blinks sleep out of her eyes, and mews loudly, then runs to the bedroom. She looks back over her shoulder and mews again, signifying that I must follow her. She then tosses herself on the bed and rolls around with glee, knowing that I will be in shortly to pet her tummy. Woe to me if I do not arrive promptly, for she will walk out of the bedroom, and then ignore me for as long as she can remember to do so.

Sometimes she seems angry that I have joined her on the bed, though she was begging me to do so a moment earlier. She tosses her head indignantly, and sits on the farthest corner from me, looking away from me and grooming herself. I can almost hear her saying "You cannot have the Willow!" in Chris Kattan's voice.

Eris glares at her from the same place she was when I came in. She has long since outgrown the greeting game. She chuckles silently to herself, and goes back to sleep.
Posted by Jess at 1/24/2005 11:54:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment