Monday, January 24, 2005
I come home all the time
But what's home? I call my hometown home but as I've been known to say, and as George Carlin, that wino, says, "Home is where you keep your stuff." In my case, my dog. The other stuff is a lot more mobile these days than my dog. I've gone on weekend trips without her because she doesn't travel anymore. I have sitters who look in on her, and she's mostly good with this because she actually has to climb fewer stairs. When I come home, she's ecstatic. The whole time I'm gone I'm wondering if there will be an old dog to come home to. When I walk in and smell that old dog tart odor and hear her whine, I sigh in both relief and sadness because though this is not the day, the day isn't far off and then where will home be?
Posted by BlankPhotog at 1/24/2005 11:41:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment