Sunday, January 23, 2005
Moving in
I knew it was a mistake that I moved in on his woman. I read her blog for weeks, passively, and without getting a sense of who she was or what was going on in her life. I missed that she'd moved halfway across the country to be with this man, that he was married, that he was Italian, and that he was, of course duplicitous about his need for another woman in his life -- the woman I was destined to steal from him. We talked on the phone for weeks. I was sadly desparate for some kind of romantic aside from the horrible breakup I'd just gone through. She was realizing that she'd made a mistake being with this married charmer. We met, and there were some sparks. A month went by, the holidays, and when she returned from her trip East, she soon found her tax shelter depleted and her car taken by him who she'd trusted. When she asked around, she found to her shock that he had mob connections, that he was Not To Be Messed With. So when she failed to confront him for taking her assets, it didn't surprise me. I would have run the other way rather than confront a mobster myself. I've seen the movies. When I visited her for only the second time, he had made himself scarce. I was treating it like a visit looking for some reasons to move closer to her. All of a sudden, while apartment-gazing, two nasty looking men jumped me and my lady love and killed us both. So yeah, I have some regrets.
Posted by BlankPhotog at 1/23/2005 10:43:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment