Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Dinosaur Rawk!
I am sitting here, going through 7.2 days worth of classic rock in my iTunes database, listening to REO Speedwagon's Roll with the Changes. I love this band -- almost as much as I love Journey (see entries below) -- and I'm taken back to an amazing night when I saw REO, Bad Company, Foreigner and Styx performing at a benefit for victims of the WTC attacks on 9/11 and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Rock to the Rescue was the name of the show, and they had a total of 30 different bands and artists perform two shows, first at the Meadowlands and then the following night at Cleveland's Gund Arena. I sat in the third row. I caught Tommy Shaw's guitar pick during "Boat on the River". I got to meet Edgar Winter, who stood next to me and sang along during a set by Sam Moore of Sam and Dave fame.
For a long time, I thought the greatest show I would ever go to in my life would have been the inaugural Rock Hall of Fame Show back in 1995, but I was wrong. Rock to the Rescue was simply an unbelievable, unforgettable show.
That being said, what was your favorite Rock Concert?
Posted by Anonymous at 3/22/2005 09:54:00 AM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment