Thursday, January 06, 2005
Punctuality.
I think punctuality is very important. I mean, just earlier today, in fact, a friend of mine and I were having a spirited discussion about punctuality over email! It got a little heated, but that's just because punctuality is so very important to both of us.

The issue came up when we were discussing his job at KHUM radio in Ferndale, CA. I suggested that a program director's job was tough because he had to "deal with DJ's all day". Well, that didn't sit very well with my radio friend. He pointed out that "there shouldn't be an apostrophe after 'DJ'. You don't put apostrophes there when you pluralize acronyms." I, in turn, did a web search which at least indicated that at one time, it was considered acceptable to use apostrophes while pluralizing acronyms, and although it may not be the "proper" modern way of doing it, I still do it, because it just looks more "right" to me.

Anyway, there was a little back-and-forth after that, which is not worth retelling, due to various untoward references to this one's mother and that one's mother and whatnot, but we were able to square things at the end. We knew that we were still boys, and though our conflict was an emotional one, it was all due to our shared love of punctuality.






...huh?

Ohhhhhhhh.....
Posted by Anonymous at 1/06/2005 03:00:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment