Monday, September 03, 2012
Wishes aren't horses and beggars don't get to ride
Most people think of hope as a passive thing.  As in, "I hope the universe smiles in my direction so that I get what I can't get for myself."  That kind of hope I don't want anything to do with.  

I have plenty of unrealistic wishes already.

If you want to hope, please found it on your own positive actions and realistic expectations of what the results would be from those actions rather than on a universe of ignorant maybes.  Luck, karma, faith, those are blind alleys.  If you're going to insist on needing hope, you'll need something more solid.  Here are a few possibilities if you need some hope:

"I hope that I have something to contribute that will help fix rather than exacerbate the world's problems.  I hope that I can pull myself out of the muck of inaction and preconceived bullshit such that my life will be about more than reproducing a new generation of consumers.  I hope that I'm not just whistling Dixie over here."

And then get up off your ass and do something you hope is good for the world.


Posted by BlankPhotog at 9/03/2012 09:47:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment