Monday, September 03, 2012
Hitting Bottom
At the point where I thought all hope had been lost, I guess I'd call that hitting bottom.

I reacted irrationally. My emotions are strong and I let them guide me. However, I can typically keep even my most painful emotions in check. I can control my behaviors even if I am sinking emotionally.

When I hit bottom, I lost control. I didn't recognize myself. I let the pain take over, filling every aspect of my being until the lovely, numbing moments provided temporary relief.

I'm used to having a positive outlook. I keep a happy-go-lucky attitude in most situations and only once have I been dealt an emotional blow so shockingly painful that I could not handle it. Pain and betrayal are not something I anticipated and my resulting behaviors are ones I am not proud of. Nor will I ever feel that they are justified.

After weeks and months of floating through my life like a ghost, I missed my joy and happiness. I missed the life I used to have and I worked hard to regain everything I expected my life to be. My greatest triumph was overcoming the pain and finding myself among the ruins that surrounded my life.
Posted by Lacey at 9/03/2012 12:50:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment