Sunday, January 09, 2005
A True Story
[Apologies all for not writing in a while. My depression seems to have returned with a vengeance after four months off my medication, and I am so not coping it's just ridiculous. I really want to keep on doing this, but I may be a tad sporadic for a few weeks. I solemnly promise to never miss my turn at the topic, though.]

Anyway, mistaken identity, you say...

Let me tell you about my wife's brother-in-law*, Paul.

Paul is not gay**, but he is certainly camp, and a bit effeminate. He also has had lovely, long, curly hair to about his shoulder blades ever since I have known him. Anyway, speculations have often been voiced regarding his sexual orientation, but generally only amongst those who don't know him very well. Those of us who know him... well, we know he's just Paul.

His wife once confided in me about a case of mistaken identity which the two of the encountered while out shopping one day. They were perusing the aisles of some shop or other, and a shop assistant walked up behind them with a cheery greeting.

Unfortunately, the cheery greeting was, "How may I help you, ladies?"

I think Paul is used to it, to be honest. Still, apparently you could have toasted marshmallows by the flushed radiance emitting from the shop assistant's face when he realised his mistake.

* This makes him my brother-in-law-in-law. As an IT geek he was amused by my suggestion that we are "nested in-laws".

** My sister in law would be terribly disappointed if he were.
Posted by DexX at 1/09/2005 11:59:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment