Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Hemingway
When I started my journal in 2009, I wrote as often as I could, detailing my daily life. Small events and significant events filled the pages, as well as photos and a listing of what I’m currently reading and what I plan to read in the future.

In the Spring of 2010, I picked up “A Moveable Feast” by Ernest Hemingway. Though I enjoy classic novels, something about Hemingway’s work intimidated me. I’d heard that “A Moveable Feast” was simply memoirs of his time spent in Paris in the 1920s. I was intrigued. I wanted to learn about his wife, his friendships with Erza Pound and F. Scott Fitzgerald, his inspirations and his early struggles as a writer.

So, I picked it up and absolutely loved it. So much so that I reviewed the book online and recorded the review in my journal. I also included the following quote on the cover of my journal from that year. It's a mantra of sorts that helped Hemingway is his daily writings...I will never forget it:

“All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.”
Posted by Lacey at 9/12/2012 02:54:00 PM ::

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...
I had to write that out and tape it near my monitor. It's a good mantra.
Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment