Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Sweet Genie Whom I Have Not Yet Met
Dear sweet genie
I know of your mischief
But I know in your heart of hearts
You're not quite so malicious



I suspect you'd understand
My bondage to my instabilities
And thus I appeal today to your
Compassionate nobility

If you could find it within yourself
To choose as your next patron
Myself, I'd make a simple job
To ease up my frustration

I'd ask of you only that
To help me live sans pain
With control over the chemical
Distribution of my brain

I myself could fill every wish
Without need of your magical hand
If I could have that one simple wish
Motivation on demand

(I could stop taking pills
Every morning and night
I wouldn't have to choose
Between fight or flight

I could finish my work
Without hesitation
Live every moment of life
Without gaps for stagnation

Make all the money
I could ever imagine
Complete all my goals
In an elegant fashion

And I'd never again waste
A single hour
For lack of basic
Human willpower)

And I'd want nothing else
No matter the magnitude
I'd wish all leftover magic
Back to you, in gratitude
Posted by Unknown at 9/11/2012 08:18:00 PM ::

3 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...
That's very powerful! Thanks for sharing this. I really like the indented, parenthesis section. I don't see that a lot in poetry, but it worked very well.
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...
Thank you! I'm always very self conscious of my poetry. It's nice to have positive feedback. I mean, I'm open (and encourage) criticism, but it's nice. I think I'm going to write more of it. There was a time (High School) that my verse was much more inspired. I'd love to get back to that. :-)
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment