Monday, August 27, 2012
The other shoe
Why do people get back together with their exes?

I just cannot fathom that ever working for a lasting relationship. Even if that person is the love of your life, the definition of all you ever wanted, your perfect soul mate... one of the two of you will always be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

If one of you threw up their hands and said, "well then, maybe we should just break up!" and the other person agreed, it's got to represent some sort of a basic flaw in the relationship, doesn't it? Can you feel safe building on that?

I will never get back together with an ex. Trust is too hard to reestablish. I don't give up on someone easily, but if someone gave up on me, I don't think I'd ever be able to trust that it wouldn't happen again.

Now, that said... old dance partners do know all the steps. I'm not opposed to a spin around the floor for one song. :)

Posted by Jess at 8/27/2012 05:03:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment