Monday, August 27, 2012
Revisiting

     Have you ever dug around in your old computer files and viewed the experience as if you were looking at a former self? 
     I was cleaning up some files to make room for some game the Boy wanted to play and I needed to dump a lot of files to make the space.  I removed an old game or two.  I cleaned up some duplicate music files.  But it wasn't nearly enough.
     So I began looking for other material to dispose and I happened upon a time vault of myself.
     I opened a folder that held hundreds of files and folders of various documents and other items I felt I needed to save at that point in my life.
     I found a dozen projects I started, wanted to start soon or had no intention to really starting but was lying to myself and said I would someday.
     I found several downloaded pictures, movies and games that were so important to me at the time that I filed them in a highly detailed file system based on the subjects or areas of interest.
    Opening each folder and file was like reliving a moment in my history.  I could recall the events of my life at that time.  What the weather was like then.  Who was around in my life at the time.
    The experience was both refreshing and sad.  I enjoyed looking at that former self but I remember when we used to have these kind of experiences with scrap books, memory boxes and old keepsakes.
    I had the same experience with a whole helluva lot of 1's and 0's.
    I deleted the files and loaded his game.


Posted by HPLovecraft at 8/27/2012 04:40:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment