Thursday, September 20, 2012
Childhood
Basically my childhood was the picture of a happy life. My parents taught and encouraged me, and they helped me any way they could to become whoever it was that I wanted to be.

I have never come across another person who feels this way, at least not anyone I've discussed the subject with. I have a great relationship with my parents to this day, and wouldn't trade my experience growing up for anything in the world.

It does frighten me a little, to think about raising children some day. If almost no one seems to have the wonderful experience I've had...it must be really hard to create such an environment for a child. Will I be able to comfort and care for a child the way I felt cared for and comforted by my parents? I shouldn't let this worry sour me, but I am definitely taking my time before jumping into parenthood. Just in case there's some secret that I can decode and put into practice before becoming a parent and role model myself.
Posted by Lacey at 9/20/2012 05:52:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment