Thursday, March 10, 2005
Fighting Writers' Block since 2004!
This is only one of the writing projects I am involved in since last year. The other, lincolnwriters.com, hasn't quite caught on to the extent I'd like but we haven't hit critical mass yet... There will be a reading Tuesday, March 29 for anyone who posts in the designated area on the site to read their works, at 7 p.m., at Crescent Moon Cafe in Lincoln, just up the street from 8th & M. Please join us, online or in person!

I'd like to say that I'm constantly inspired to write, but it's not true. I usually desire to write, and sometimes have something on the tip of my tongue to express, but it's still difficult to pry the words from their coffins. Thus the need for both frequent journaling and projects like these. Ted Kooser, the recent Poet Laureate from Nebraska, tells that his poetry often springs from morning walks and journaling at his home near Garland, NE. I'm not journaling so early in the morning but I'm trying to maintain some kind of daily habit to keep the wheels greased for whatever might come. To that extent, my writing is more infused with the angst and traumas of daily life, and is less meditative than that of dear old Ted.

But then you've probably gathered that. ;)


Incidentally, I like this topic so well I'm advocating its continuation until we find a better one... or at least until tomorrow.
Posted by BlankPhotog at 3/10/2005 11:17:00 AM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment