Tuesday, March 08, 2005
My fiance's Lenten Promise
My finace is not a stevedore, or a longshorewoman, but it's fairly obvious that there have been members of these fine industries in her lineage.
She makes Blue Streaks look like whimpers.
For Lent, she gave up swearing. It's been absolutely hilarious, listening to her struggle. She has taken to reviving old non-swear curses as a means to project her emotions. "Drat," "Dang," and "Shoo!" have all become part of her daily lexicon.
Last week, she said "shit," paused a second, said, "oh, fuck, I didn't mean to say that," then, realizing her second gaffe, turned beet red and stormed off to the bedroom, muttering "darn darn darn darn darn!" under her breath. I decided that discretion was the better part of valor, and declined the opportunity to comment.
If that weren't good enough, a fervent "Jumpin' Jehosaphat" came leaping from her tongue yesterday.
My best friend looked at me and said "huh?"
I said, "fuck if I know."
That's when she hit me...
Posted by Anonymous at 3/08/2005 10:45:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment