Thursday, January 13, 2005
A Li-ku For You
Okay, well since the theme is "new" and I've been thinking about poetry forms lately, I'll come up with a new form and try it out. I'm making this up as I go along, so forgive me if it's not very good.

Okay, my new form will be a cross between a limerick and a haiku. Let's call it a "li-ku". It will combine the rhyme structure of a limerick with the syllable structure of a haiku. Also, it seems like making it five lines instead of three would be more interesting. So the lines should look like the following:

5-syllables, rhyme A
7-syllables, rhyme A
5-syllables, rhyme B
7-syllables, rhyme B
5-syllables, rhyme A


A proper li-ku should also combine the respective characters of its parent forms. Since it is half-haiku, it should attempt to describe the beauty of nature. Since it is half-limerick, make that "nature". An ironic twist is an optional bonus, but should be fairly low key. Let's try it out.

Gentle breeze grazes
Touching through silk that hazes
The sight of her form
Touching cool; I have touched warm
The touch still blazes


Suggestions for improvement? Any other thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous at 1/13/2005 10:07:00 AM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment