Monday, February 21, 2005
One of the first college papers
I ever wrote was a "compare and contrast" using Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 and Tim Crouse's Boys on the Bus.
Those two books forever warped and shifted my idea of what political writing was. HST and Crouse both blended into a first-person-diatribical style using facts and real-world observations that my professors didn't understand at first, but grew to appreciate as my writing improved. I ended up working in the biz for the last 17 years, and have always held Hunter in the highest regard. I can never claim to be as great a writer, but I hope that I might make him proud to know that he is my mentor, despite the fact that I'm not a heavy drinkin' gun shootin' bar brawlin' one-man-wreckin' crew.
Posted by Anonymous at 2/21/2005 03:45:00 PM ::

0 Comments:


Post a Comment